Electronic Premium Reporting System (EPRS). The availability of the online reporting scheme was announced under Circular No. 30, s-2010 published on October 28, 2010 in the PhilHealth website.
The EPRS is a web-based application which facilitates not only the posting of individual premium contributions but also the assignment of the PhilHealth Identification Number (PIN) for unregistered members.
There are three (3) major advantages in using this scheme:
1. Facilitates the assignment of PhilHealth Identification Numbers (PIN) to unregistered NHIP members.
2. Faster posting of employee contributions as the report directly prepared by the employer will be automatically posted in the PhilHealth database upon PhilHealth validation.
3. Ensures that the total contributions of the report would tally with the actual payment made as the report will be prepared prior payment of contributions.
Requirements in using the EPRS:
1. The reporting employer should have its own PhilHealth Employer Number (PEN). The PEN will be issued to the employer once the employer registers with PhilHealth.
2. The employer should be directly remitting or paying to any PhilHealth office.
3. The period and amount of the report being prepared and that reflected in the receipt should be the same.
The employer would need to be trained in using the web-based application. You will be required to fill-out a PhilHealth Online Access Form (POAF). The user account will be electronically sent in the email address you specified in the form so be sure to provide a valid and active email address. To request for the training schedule, contact any PhilHealth office near you.
I just hope that this will be the starting point of PhilHealth in providing an easier means to access their services and that the infrastructure of PhilHealth is capable in maintaining this facility.